Searchy this

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

stop being so Misérables!

You're not punny bella!!
You guys know me well enough, and from the pun in the title I read an article about my favorite musical 'Les Misérables' called "'Les Misérables' and irony" a very judgmental blog (can it really be called that?) by the NYtimes called Opionator. It was actually written by Stanley Fish, just to let you know. It was also written on January 28th, 2013. The article is pretty much about his opinion of the movie and the 'irony' it created. In his sense 'irony' is "a stance of distance that pays a compliment to both its producer and consumer". However, there truly was no irony, because you were literally face-to-face with the actor, say their pain, deaths, and felt some empathy for the actors.It was a little unnerving in all do respect.
Anyways, Stanley Fish goes on and describes 'irony'. A term that has no reason reason to be connected to the movie. He blogs that the director say that “we live in a postmodern age where a certain amount of irony is expected, [t]his film is made without irony.”. No irony, as in no personal space? That's is surprising.

Now, It's my corner of this post. I shouldn't be allowed to discuss this movie. I am such a big fan. I mean, I was singing "I dreamed a dream" while writing (And rather good if I say so myself). However, here I am, talking about my 2nd favorite movie ever. This blog post was a new take on the movie. I didn't realize how close you were to the characters because I'm used to watching 2D shows and no dimensioned people. It might have also been how close I was to the characters. I felt empathic for poor Fantine, the mother of cosette who turns into a prositute. Even John Valjean (did I spell that spell that right?). It made it seem more truthful and serious than a very comedic movie. 
Les Misérables cast- One day more
Article link
Citation:

Fish, Stanely. "les Misérables and Irony." Opinionator Les Misrables and Irony Comments. NY times, 28 Jan. 2013. Web. 26 Feb. 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment