Searchy this

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cockroaches vs. Congress?

(Jeez. I didn't know that you hated them that much.)
I read an article called "Where's the love? Cockroaches and colonoscopies are more popular than congress: survey" by Dan Friedman from the New York Daily News from January 8,2013. The article described how disliked the congress is compared to many annoying people, and uncomfortable things. Check out some of these surprising results:

  • Dental Procedures: 56, Congress: 32
  • France: 46, Congress: 37
  • Genhis Kahn: 41, Congress: 37
  • Nickleback:39, Congress: 32
That's only the beginning. People prefer the most invasive medical procedure, a colonoscopy, to congress.“We all know Congress is unpopular,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “But the fact that voters like it even less than cockroaches, lice, and Genghis Khan really shows how far its esteem has fallen with the American public over the last few weeks.” 

Clearly, this article was presented in a satirical way, but it is truthful and based on fact. It is a random poll which includes registered voters across all parties. The author gives many examples of just how disliked Congress is really driving the point home. 

I believe that Congress should take note of this and start paying attention to the American peoples' thoughts and concerns. The Congressmen are supposed to represent the peoples' interests but it's clear that they mostly focus on their own best interests and it is also clear from Mr. Friedman's article, what the American people think. 

The links to the article and the poll:
The article link
The direct poll

Citation:
Friedman, Dan. "Where's the Love? Cockroaches and Colonoscopies Are More Popular than Congress: Survey ." NY Daily News. N.p., 8 Jan. 2013. Web. 15 Jan. 2013. <http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cockroaches-colonoscopies-better-congress-survey-article-1.1235731>.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I liked the article you chose about congress, I felt as if it was really important. Mine was about the safety of our food that we eat.

    ReplyDelete