Searchy this

Thursday, March 14, 2013

All fun and Games....

'Til Mercutio Dies(=_=;)
...Welp.
So yeah, Mercutio. I don't know his character is amazing. 

Mercutio is my favorite character (I think Romeo is my second favorite because he is soooo funny and emotional.)

When I think of Mercutio, I think of a goofy, witty, and overall nonsense character. Also this:
Baz Lerman clips were all I could find!
Another thought could be how helpful he is to Romeo with his quest to find love and how he protected romeo until the last dying moments.
A few examples are:

-"You are a lover. Borrow cupid's wings and soar with them above a common bound." (1.4.17-18)
-"If love be rough with you, be rough with love" (1.4.27)
-"Dreamers often lie" (1.4.56)
-"Ask for me tomorrow, and you shall find me a grave man." (3.1.101-102)
(Okay, they were more of a few quotes laying around)
He trusted Romeo and Benvolio as more than friends in a way, but as family (I am sad that he dies, he was a character that certainly made us think.(TДT)When his  death finally occurred he was avenged (In a way?) however, he was the turning point for the whole play. Can you believe that?
Well, I can't.

2 comments:

  1. I wrote about Mecutio as well and I thought he had some sort of multiple personality disorder, but thats what made him interesting and absorbed you into his character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do all of this to your blog?? I MUST KNOW! Besides that, really good description of Mercutio! I like how you said why you like him as a character the best. Great post!

    ReplyDelete