Searchy this

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Suicide = Insanity?

(For once, No spoilers, I haven't gotten that far in the story)
Okay, Kiddies! It's story time! 
So, one day in science, I found a book on the table. It didn't have a hard hardcover, but instead just the black inside. There was no true cover. I decided that 'Hey! Let's read this book that I know nothing about and enjoy it!' 
I turned the page, and figured out that the story is called 'Willow' by Julia Hoban. Willow, the protagonist, reminds me of myself.

Why is that?
Willow seems way to different to be like me, right? Yeah, I've never lost my parents, driven (And thank god for that), and I'm not actually in high school (Yet :3), and I'm pretty happy.
Then Why?
It's because I used to be depressed...alot. It came to the point that I was cutting to relieve some of it. God, if you think that's why I always wear black you are dead wrong. While Willow shocked herself when people complained about daily problems, but I see them as daily issues that lazy people can't do themselves, yes lazy people like that exist. However, with all the current situations at hand...
How is Willow, a girl who cuts
to relieve pain, like me?
Secrets suck, I know, I can hide them like no one else can. So can Willow, with the help of a guy (wait for it....), named Guy. He tries to help Willow admit she has problems so she can fix them. However, Willow is stubborn and doesn't ant to deal with her cutting, because she thinks that she might never cut so hard that she would bleed out, but Guy doesn't want to believe her. Guy is afraid that:
a) She'll cut too deep that she'll die
OR
b) He'll accidentally tell her brother, and she will, again commit suicide
Now Guy is stuck with a mini-dilemma: To help or not to help.

For me? I'm a little crazy, not really mentally. I just, uh, talk to myself sometimes, and I also cry to the point of hysteria and babble nonsense. I also scratch my head, very,very hard. One time I scratched so hard that I scabbed my head, ouch I know. Also, in 3rd grade (my lowest), I used to bang my head on my table if I failed, I almost bled! I'm not a goody-two shoes, or a bad-girl, I'm just mended with wet glue and water, on my way to mending.


2 comments:

  1. I like how you wrote this as if you were with me in person conversing with me. I believe your really good at persuading people to read books you've written your reviews on!

    ReplyDelete