Searchy this

Monday, November 19, 2012

Why should I be someone else?? I like myself.

Note: I have nothing against Gays, lesbians, homosexulaity, or anything else. (I'm a yaoi fan, duh) It is just the how the book is like...
Also, SOILER ALERTS!
Cameron Post, the protagonist of The Miseducation of Cameron by Emily M. Danforth, is undeniably lesbian. Which, she doesn't actually mind, in a way. However, her aunt Ruth, who is ultra religious, and tried her best to keep Cam sane, though it never worked.

Cam kissed a girl at the age of 12, and that girl is her best friend Irene Klauson, the same day, hours after, her parents died in a car crash. With the unwanted arrival of her aunt Ruth and her old-fashioned grandma, her life is taking a humongous turn for the worst. An ultra christian, change. She still made out with girls, smoked weed, and drank beer, but not with others. Naturally, she kept the secret from her aunt, who found out by (SPOILER ALERT!) Cameron's love interest and best friend since Lindsey, her dyke-buddy(Still has nothing against homosexuality) as Lindsey call it, Coley Taylor, the perfect cowgirl, FFA (Future farmers Associate), with a perfect boyfriend to match.

But that's not the point. The underlying truth is that (SPOILER ALERT!) she needed help. The use of drugs, alcohol, and the fact that her parents had died were thought to be her downfall. However I see otherwise, she wanted to be lesbian, and if it was her downfall, so be it. In the book she says that "Lindsey in my head said, Funny--my sin seems pretty fucking special considering that you've built an entire treatment facility to deal with it."
She still has a spirit, a fire that explodes when angry or annoyed. 

Cameron and I are somewhat the same(Don't worry, I'm straight) I don't change who I am for others, though I do bend-over backwards to help, I like to be myself. Insane, crazy, over emotional, mean self, who is doing the butterfly project, it's hard to talk about it, and go into details about it. But I am trying to get better, secrets I never tell anyone, and I promised myself that I wouldn't. 

And I will.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, for once someone on these blogs wrote about something serious. I agree, homosexuality is not a funny matter, and It's not bad either. Its shows that your not afraid to be yourself.

    ReplyDelete