Searchy this

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Witches to be burned at a stake~!

Oh wait, wrong time period (^^;)

Remember those stories of princesses becoming cursed by a witch to become something different? Or that her life would end at a certain age?? Or was that just me (>_>)
Probably was just me--
Anyways, I love witches, and magic (Mostly the video games and the Grim Brothers stories)but, what I love the most was the Salem witch trials. The pure terror and confusion excited me. Or maybe it was the fact that the WHOLE TOWN was pointing fingers when they probably had no idea what was going on.
So, when I found out about the book, "Witch Hunt, Mysteries of the Salem witch trials" by Marc Aronson, of course it piqued my interest. If, by any chance, I wasn't actually having to be writing on the most reading I've done in 2-3 days. However, my personal feelings aside, this was a very informational book. TO the point that the new information is ruining my other needed information (Like how to spell). 
To begin with, I read the note, the 2 page note, and the first few sentences were not only long, but revealed something to me:

"As you will see, there are many different ways to interpret the witch craft trials that took place in Salem, Massachusetts, in 1692. But there is only one thing you can be sure of: If you previously read novels for young readers or popular adult accounts about those fascinating and Frightening, or if you have visited salem itself, a good part of what you know is wrong."
~Marc Aronson, Witch Hunt, page 10(x)
Really? (;w;) Everything I learned in school, books, the world wide web, and anything else, is WRONG. How is that possible!? I thought school taught me the right things!

Wow.
Just
WOW.
My faith in Humanity: GONE



I'm just going go cry in my emo corner now.

See ya from mexico~!
Nero-Doomsday

3 comments:

  1. Hey good job!
    I like the fact you added your voice to your blog post. It was interesting to hear what you thought about the book. I just wished you added more of your thinking and maybe a short summary? I was a bit lost. But interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't realize how confusing it was until I re-read it ^^; thanks for telling me though, I'll keep that in mind!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Last year, we learned all about the Salem Witch Trials so I understand what your writing about, however I didn't know there was a book about it/ similar to it

    ReplyDelete