Searchy this

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

HOW IS THIS SCARY BELLA!?

The cover of the one
I got.
Hi there cosplaying, candy-eating fiends of the night!
Halloween is two weeks away and I thought it would be a wonderful idea to read good old fashioned horror books again!
Wrong, good god. 
 Time isn't of the essence in Lockdown: Escape from the furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith. You can trust me on that. The main character, Alex Sawyer, the trying to be bad type, and I feel his pain.

The story starts as Alex is talking about the past, and how he bullied the little kids in his elementary school, and how he thought that he ruled the world. That's when he started robbing houses, and that's when he was framed for the murder of his BEST FRIEND  and is sent to the furnace, a literal hell on earth, and is in the deepest pit in or on the earth. It's a jail for the worst killers and even the not so bad, kids who say they were blamed for murder.

That's when he realized, He's gotta go.
He's got to escape, leave, and forget all about it. The strange men in black suits that are shark-like, the muscle-bone-vessel dogs, and the director, a demon from hell that looks and acts like one.....and I almost forgot the banshee-gasmasks, and the human-dog surgical messes. Yup, this is hell, and it sure acts like it. Alex needs to escape, he needs to leave the furnace, the hell on earth, and sorry for the spoilers my friends, he does.

Me when it
comes to horror
Now, some of you that I know, actually don't know that I am sometimes a big chicken when it comes to horror. You've probably seen my grimaces, shivers, and whines when I start reading the gory, bloodshed, and intense mass-murder that horror brings to the stories. The sheer toe-curling, tear-jerking (not the good way) and the gasps and "Oh my!"s made my reading experience a painful one. Alexander Gordon Smith was very descriptive when it came to the monsters too. "It was the Gas masks, the wheezers, piggy-eyed and pasty-fleshed." and how they had the "ancient metal was stitched permanently into the skin".
That's me and my horror books, that's all the end of the story.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post. LOOK IT'S AMERICA :D! ANyway, your grammar and spelling was amazing, but your focus wasn't really clear to me. Other than that, it was great, and I liked how you connected the book with your self. ( P.S. AMERICA IS THE HERO~!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks stella, your awesome :DD also yes, yes he is a hero!!

      Delete
  2. You really made me get the shivers just ny reading it. I have also agrede with Stella about the unclear focuse, but there is the fact that the blog was good.

    ReplyDelete